The Workforce Development Sequence Scholarship is designed to provide financial assistance to students enrolling in an approved non-credited certificate program leading to apprenticeships, employment, licensure, or job skill enhancement only at a participating Maryland Community College.
Who May Apply:
Students enrolling in a Workforce Development Sequence at a community college in Maryland.
How to Apply:
Applicants must contact their college financial aid office to apply.
This scholarship is available to:
- Students who are Maryland residents or Maryland High school graduates; or
- Students who are active duty members of the U.S. Military stationed in or reside in, or are domiciled in Maryland.
The student must be enrolled in an eligible Workforce Development Sequence at a participating community college in non-credited courses related to:
- Job preparation or registered apprenticeship;
- Licensure or certification; or
- Job Skill enhancement.
Your college may have additional eligibility criteria.
The Workforce Development Sequence Scholarship has a maximum award amount of $2,000 annually and may be used at a participating community college to solely pay for, and not to exceed:
- Tuition, mandatory fees, and Associated costs of attendance, to the extent the tuition, fees, and associated costs of attendance have not been met though another grant or scholarship by the State or employer.
The Workforce Sequence Scholarship may be combined with any other State grant or scholarship, provided that the total amount of grants or scholarships does not exceed the student’s tuition, mandatory fees and other associated costs of attendance.
Renewing an Award
Award recipients may be eligible to receive the award for an additional developmental sequence. Contact your financial aid office for additional information.