The 2022-2023 Application is closed.
The Maryland Police Officer Scholarship is awarded to current police officers or individuals planning to become a police officer, who are enrolled in an academic program that furthers their career in law enforcement. Recipients must pledge to work as a police officer in the state upon completion of their studies.
Who May Apply?
Students that are current police officers or individuals planning to become a police officer after graduation who are:
- Accepted for admission or currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program at a Maryland public senior institution.
- A Maryland resident or have graduated from a Maryland high school.
- Enrolled full-time or part-time pursuing a course of study or program that would further the recipient's career in law enforcement.
Applicants must agree to work as a police officer as defined in 3-201 of the Public Safety Article in the state upon completion of their studies.
How do I Apply?
Applicants of the Maryland Police Officers scholarship must submit the online application through the
Maryland College Aid Processing System (MDCAPS). The online application and all required documents must be submitted by
November 15, 2022 for consideration of the award.
What Documentation is Required?
- Complete the Maryland Police Officers Scholarship application online through
MDCAPS by the established deadline.
- If, applicable submit documentation by the established deadline, confirming the student's current employment as a police officer.
- If you graduated from a Maryland high school and are not a Maryland resident, submit a copy of your final high school transcript.
- Submit documentation by the established deadline, from the institution confirming that the student is enrolled in a program that will further their career in law enforcement.
Service Obligation Requirement
An applicant awarded the Maryland Police Officers Scholarship must sign and return a promissory note and service obligation agreement agreeing to begin fulfillment of the service obligation as follows:
Eligible Law Enforcement Agencies
Current police officers applying for the scholarship must be employed at one of the following law enforcement agencies.
An annual scholarship award shall be 50% of the equivalent annual tuition and mandatory fees of a resident undergraduate student at the eligible institution.
Frequently Asked Questions
Maryland Police Officers Scholarship FAQ