Argosy University and Art Institutes Student Information UPDATE

Dream Center Education Holdings (DCEH)—owners of Argosy University (Argosy) and select Art Institutes—announced that some DCEH-owned institutions ceased offering educational instruction on March 8, 2019.

Maryland Argosy & Art Institute Students

Students can sign up to receive email alerts by emailing or  with the subject line "SUBSCRIBE."​Students are encouraged to check the web page regularly for up-to-date information specific to Maryland. Additionally, students can call MHEC directly at 410-767-3300 or toll-free at 1-800-974-0203 for more information.


The Maryland Higher Education Commission (MHEC) is working to ensure that Maryland students affected by the abrupt closure have options.  Below is information regarding tech-out options, on how to obtain transcripts, and on federal student loan forgiveness.

Options for Maryland Students


Maryland students affected by the Argosy and Art Institute closure have 3 options:

       1.    A  transfer opportunity at a Maryland approved teach-out school – see more information below regarding teach-out and transfer


       2.    Seek a federal loan discharge – see more information below regarding federal loan discharge


       3. Students may pursue a self-chosen/determined transfer to another school (subject to all transfer policies of the accepting school). MHEC cannot offer assistance with this option.


If a student chooses option #1 or option #3 then the student cannot pursue option #2. If a student chooses option #2 the student cannot pursue a teach-out or transfer.


Teach-out and Transfer Agreements with Maryland Institutions


Teach-out agreements

We expect  teach-out agreements to be signed in the coming weeks and will alert you immediately when they are available for your review. A teach-out agreement provides transparency and equity for all students impacted by a school closure.​

 If a student chooses to pursue a teach-out  opportunity, then the student cannot pursue loan discharge. If a student chooses option #2 the student cannot pursue a teach-out.


 Argosy University Teach-out Agreements

Art Institute Teach-out Agreements 

Students pursuing a teach-out or transfer using VA Education Benefits

Students using VA Education Benefits should contact the Maryland State Approving Agency for details regarding transferring GI Bill® benefits and ensuring program approval for the use of VA Education Benefits. Veterans with specific inquiries may call 410-767-3301 or send an email to: Veterans may also call the Department of Veterans Affairs at 1-888-442-4551.


Please note: In order to continue your education using your Title 38 educational benefits, you must be enrolled in a qualified program or educational institution.


Visit the GI Bill® Comparison Tool for assistance in selecting an alternate program or school. You can also find research information regarding school tuition and fees, basic housing allowance rates, graduation statistics, and loan default rates.


You can find a complete list of qualified programs and schools on the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs website.


For Further Assistance:

- Visit the GI Bill®​ website to access education benefit information.

- All questions regarding eligibility and payment of GI Bill benefits must be directed to USDVA at 1-888-GIBILL1.

- Complaints regarding a specific school or program should be directed to USDVA.​


Information Regarding Federal Loan Forgiveness


• You may be eligible to have your federal student loans used to attend Argosy University or the Art Institutes discharged and any amounts already paid on those loans reimbursed. Federal regulations provide that students who are actively enrolled in a school that closes, or who withdrew up to 120 days before the school closed, and were not able to complete their program of study can apply for a Closed School Discharge of their Federal Direct Loans, Federal Perkins Loans, or FFEL Loans used to attend the closed school.


•To receive a Closed School Discharge, you must file an application to your loan servicer. You can determine your current loan servicer and check how much you currently owe in federal debt at You should contact your loan servicer with questions related to the Closed School Discharge process and to obtain an application.  You can also print this application and submit it to your servicer (see link copied below). You can learn more about the Closed School Discharge at


• Download the Closed School Loan Discharge Form here:

•Completing your program of study through another school can disqualify you from receiving a Closed School Discharge. As such, you should carefully consider your options and personal finances before continuing your studies or applying for a Closed School Discharge. For some people, having their loans discharged will be preferable to continuing their programs of study and being obligated to repay the student loan debt accrued at Argosy University. Students whose loans are discharged have the option of pursuing a new degree at institutions that are less expensive, such as state schools or community colleges.


•You can determine your current loan servicer and check how much you currently owe in federal debt at Should you decide to apply for a Closed School Discharge of your federal loans, you should contact your loan servicer with any questions related to the application and Closed School Discharge process.


•For more information on the process for applying for a Closed School Discharge, please go to the Department of Education’s closure website:



Information Regarding Refund through Arizona State Board for Private Postsecondary Education (PPSE)


Students that made cash payments or held a private loan to Argosy University or the Art Institutes may be able to submit a claim to the Arizona State Board for Private Postsecondary Education


The form is not online at this time but will be posted on the PPSE homepage when available. Please contact Keith Blanchard at for further information.


Academic Transcript Request Form Instructions

Provided by Arizona State Board for Private Postsecondary Education (PPSE)


Transcripts are available through Parchment, Inc. and the $10 fee will be waived through July 1, 2019.  Students must email the completed Transcript Request Form to Rachel Kierce at


Diploma Requests

To request a copy of your diploma, please send an email to with your current mailing address, your name as it should appear on your diploma, your student ID, program completed, campus attended, dates attended and reason for your request (lost diploma, misprinted, first time request, etc.). These requests are being processed as quickly as possible  and may take up to 12 weeks to complete.

Enrollment Verifications

For third-party enrollment/degree verification requests, please FAX the signed student authorization form, as well as any forms that require completion, to 480-999-8980. Note: Allow a minimum of 21 days for completion. We do not accept requests for verbal verifications, nor follow-up status calls of previously requested verifications.

Financial Requests

For financial requests, please send e-mail to with the following information:

E-Mail Subject Line: Financial Request :


Body of E-Mail: Include the full name used during your enrollment, the campus attended, and a detailed description of the financial request you are making.


Account Balance Inquiries

For account balance inquiries, please email

1098-T-Questions and Important Information

Forms are mailed to all eligible students by January 31 annually. To print a duplicate form, please visit If you are unable to locate your 1098-T and need further assistance, please contact Heartland ECSI at 1-866-428-1098. For information on the Taxpayer Relief Act, as well as additional resources to assist you in understanding higher education tax incentives visit:

Career Services

The Department of Career & Professional Readiness partners with students as they explore employment possibilities, develop job skills, and connect with potential opportunities related to their professional endeavors. Our goal is to encourage the career potential of students by facilitating opportunities for them to explore their interests and gain valuable professional experience while utilizing a variety of resources.

Students can seek guidance in building a resume, career planning, developing job-search strategies, preparing for an interview and evaluating potential job opportunities. The Department of Career & Professional Readiness will also work to plan and deliver career readiness workshops, individual or group career planning sessions, and industry guest speakers.

For assistance, call 1-855-855-0571 or email

Department of Education

Information regarding the Argosy and the Art Institutes closing can be found here.

The Department of Education will be providing Webinars for students from Argosy University and the Art Institutes between March 19, 2019 and March 25, 2019. Information regarding these webinars and future webinar sessions can be found here.


Human Trafficking GET HELP

National Human Trafficking Hotline - 24/7 Confidential

1-888-373-7888 233733 More Information on human trafficking in Maryland

Customer Service Promise

The State of Maryland pledges to provide constituents, businesses, customers, and stakeholders with friendly and courteous, timely and responsive, accurate and consistent, accessible and convenient, and truthful and transparent services.

Take Our Survey

Help Stop Fraud in State Government

The Maryland General Assembly’s Office of Legislative Audits operates a toll-free fraud hotline to receive allegations of fraud and/or abuse of State government resources. Information reported to the hotline in the past has helped to eliminate certain fraudulent activities and protect State resources.

More Information