The Maryland Higher Education Commission (MHEC) Secretary, Dr. James D. Fielder, and members of the Nurse Support Program II (NSP II) announce the Maryland Community College and University Nursing Faculty Job Fair on Wednesday,
October 2nd was a huge success.
This event was free to all Registered Nurses and those attending:
- Met nursing representatives from Maryland academic institutions;
- Gained information about the Nurse Faculty Role; and
- Learned more about Maryland's Graduate Nursing Faculty Scholarship Service.
Schools of Nursing representatives from across Maryland were present to discuss nursing faculty and clinical instructor positions, both full-time and adjunct.
The event, held at Harford Community College, was sponsored by the Maryland Higher Education Commission (MHEC) and Nurse Support Program II (NSP II).
NSPII Certified Nurse Educator© Examination (CNE) Workshop
- An NSPII Certified Nurse Educator© Examination (CNE) Workshop was held on Friday, October 4th at *Towson University in Northeastern Maryland (TUNE). This workshop, for nominated nurse faculty only, was led by Dr. Peggy Daw, Director of the MHEC *NSPII program, and was *an intensive, comprehensive review of the major content areas of the test blueprint. It is designed to help potential candidates assess their level of readiness and identify practice domains where further study may be needed.
Preparing for the CNE Examination
- Certification in any field is an indicator of professionalism. For academic nurse educators, it establishes nursing education as a specialty area of practice and creates a means for faculty to demonstrate their expertise in this role. Begin planning now to take the Certified Nurse Educator (CNE) examination. Computer-based exams are available all year at over 120 testing centers.
This workshop addresses the following Certification for Nurse Educators