The Maryland Higher Education Outreach and College Access Program (MD-HEOCAP) is a
state grant program that provides funds to eligible nonprofit organizations increasing college and career awareness and college completion for low-income Maryland high school students.
Through this grant, eligible nonprofit organizations receive funds to carry out statewide outreach efforts. These outreach efforts support and encourage low-income Maryland high school students to attend and complete college.
Purpose: The purpose of the Maryland Higher Education Outreach and College Access
Program (MD-HEOCAP) is to:
- Encourage low-income Maryland high school students to attend and complete college.
- Connect potential college and university students with nonprofit organizations that have a history of successful higher education outcomes for low-income high school students.
- Create a matching fund for nonprofit organizations to increase outreach efforts for low-income students.
- Provide funding for nonprofit organizations that are established in the community to provide targeted outreach to encourage low-income students to enroll in college.
- Increase the number of low-income students attending and succeeding in college.
Authorization: Annotated Code of Maryland, Education Article, Subtitle 11. Maryland Higher
Education Outreach and College Access Program, §§ 11-1101 through 11-1107.
Eligibility: 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations that have been in existence for five (5) or more
consecutive years that meet the following minimum criteria:
- Located in Maryland.
- Have established partnership(s) with a local school system or higher education institution.
- Provide college access activities, communication, and services with a proven track record of success.
- Offer services to enhance and increase college access and completion for low-income Maryland high school students.
Project Period: September 15, 2023 – September 30, 2024
Application Due Date: September 8, 2023 by 4:00 p.m.
Appendix A (PDF) Appendix A (Word)
Appendix B (PDF) Appendix B (Word)
Appendix C (PDF) Appendix C (Word)
For additional information, please contact Kendall Cook at email@example.com