Loan Assistance Repayment Programs
Janet L. Hoffman Loan Assistance Repayment Program (LARP)
- The Janet L. Hoffman Loan Assistance Repayment Program is to attract qualified individuals to fields of employment in government and the nonprofit sector, particularly those in which there are critical manpower shortages in the state and lower salaries than in the private sector, by providing state assistance in the repayment of educational loans.
John R. Justice Grant Program
- The Maryland John R. Justice Grant Student Loan Repayment Program is a federal funded program that provides loan repayment assistance for state and federal Maryland public defenders and prosecutors.
Maryland Loan Assistance Repayment Program for Foster Care Recipients (MLARP Foster Care)
- The Maryland Loan Assistance Repayment Program for Foster Care Recipients is to provide state assistance in the repayment of educational loans owed by foster care recipients who are employed by the state, or by a county or municipality of the state, and who received a graduate or undergraduate degree from an institution of higher education in the state.
Maryland Loan Assistance Repayment Program for Physicians (MLARP)
- The Maryland Department of Health administers the State Loan Repayment Program (SLRP) and the Maryland Loan Repayment Assistance Program (MLARP) that provide educational loan repayment funds to physicians and physician assistants who meet certain requirements.
Maryland Dent-Care Loan Assistance Repayment Program (MDC-LARP)
- The Maryland Dent-Care Loan Assistance Repayment Program (MDC-LARP) is designed to increase access to oral health services for Maryland Medical Assistance Program (MMAP) recipients by providing educational loan repayment funds to eligible dentists who treat that population.